Search for outstanding Ilonggas on
BY JEZZA NEPOMOCENO
ILOILO City – The annual search for the most outstanding women in the metro is now officially open.
The City Mayor’s Office and City Population Office now accept nominations until March 2, 2012.
Dubbed as “The Outstanding Women of Iloilo City” (T.O.W.I.L), the search theme this year is: “Kababaihan: Bugal kag Hiyas sang Dakbanwa sang Iloilo (Women: Pride and Pearl of Iloilo City).”
According to Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog’s Chief of Staff Norman Tabud, the search aims to recognize Ilonggas who excelled in their profession and have significantly contributed to city’s welfare and growth.
Tabud, also the Executive Director of Honest and Accountable Living for a Graft-Free Iloilo City (HALIGI) Foundation, said the search is open to all women of all ages.
Tabud said nominees must be real residents of the city and members of organizations, or those who made significant accomplishments in their own ways.
T.O.W.I.L has 15 categories where a nominee can be nominated once. These are:
* Judicial Service
* Persons with Disability
* Protective and Security Services
* Religious Services
* Professional Services
* Academe and Education Services
* Social and Community Services
* Culture and Arts
* Math, Science and Technology
* Business, Corporation and Entrepreneurship
* NGO/Civic Organization
* Media, Public Information and Journalism
* Government Services
* Sports; and
* Philanthropic Works.
The nominees will be judged based on the following criteria:
* Leadership Skills – 20 percent (Ability to lead, inspire and enable other towards the goal)
* Commitment –20 percent (Number of years in the organization, dedication and sustainability of advocacy)
*Women Empowerment –30 percent (Remarkable accomplishments that has major impacts towards a gender fair society); and
*Community and Civic Involvement –30 percent (Remarkable accomplishments that has major impacts to Ilonggo society).
Tabud said T.O.W.I.L Screening Committee will determine the winners ten days before the awarding ceremony on March 29, 2012
“The decision of the screening committee will be final and irrevocable. We will not entertain any form of protest,” he stressed./PN
Incoming search terms:
- www philippine councilors league com
- councilors league philippines
- Philippine Councilor League in Digos City Philippines